Design-A-Throw Competition Guidelines - Fall 2014
The Design Concept:
Students create "College" themed print designs and patterns for a Home Furnishing line of throws. As always, these themes are entirely open-ended!
Winners will be judged on originality of print, creativity, layout of print on a 60” x 70” and 60" x 50" throws and the design's appeal to Denali's customer base.
Students may develop and submit as many prints as desired to either/both categories. Each print may have a maximum of 4 colors.
Any college student enrolled in a 2014 Fall Semester of any textiles, fashion, interior design, graphic design,or any related program in the United States and who will be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry is eligible to participate.
Two methods to submit your design:
Submit Your Designs Via Email
You may submit your designs via email by sending designs and release forms for each design to email@example.com as attachments.
Submit Designs Via Your Profile
1. Create your student profile by clicking "Register" in the upper right corner or log in with your existing account.
2. Click "Edit Profile" on your Student Profile page.
3. Click the "Manage Profile" tab.
4. Click "Upload File" in the "Design #1" box and select your (JPG file, <2mb).
5. Click "Upload File" in the "Design #1 Release Form" box and select your scanned release form (JPG file, <2mb).
Repeat for up to 5 designs. If you wish to submit more designs, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any issues registering, logging in or submitting your designs, contact us at email@example.com.
A total of $3,500 in cash prizes will be awarded to the winning designs and they may be featured in the Denali Home Collection's 2014 Catalog. The awards will be:
- (1) Grand Prize: $1,000
- (3) 2nd Place Awards: $500 each
- (5) 3rd Place Awards: $200 each
- (?) Honorable Mentions: $200 each (any number of Honorable Mentions may be awarded)
Home Furnishings – Soft Goods
Jacquard knit, High-pile Fabric
Pattern & Print Design
- Any student of an eligible program may participate in DATC 2014.
- All entries must be submitted by and represent the original work of the student.
- All Students must work within the deadlines, criteria and entry requirements established by DATC.
- Submit entries and release forms in JPG format (<2mb size) through your Student Profile. Adobe Illustrator (<10mb size) files can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or printed to an 8 1/2” X 11” hand drawn board and mailed to 1725 East Delavan Drive, Janesville, WI 53546.
- Entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, photographs and design entries for press and marketing on behalf of the Denali Home Collection and Monterey Mills.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- Each individual entry must be accompanied by a Registration/Release Form to be considered complete. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- All entries will not be returned, but will be showcased at Denali headquarters. For return requests please contact email@example.com
- All designs that do not win a prize will be re-released to students following the completion of the competition in March 2015.
- September 15, 2014: Deadline for Professors seeking a scholarship donation to announce their intent to participate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 15, 2014: Deadline for Professors seeking a scholarship donation to send a copy to of their assignment to email@example.com.
- December 1, 2014: Deadline for student submissions and release forms to be eligible for awards.
- December 17, 2014: Student finalists will be contacted and announced online, all designs will be viewable online.
- Early March 2015 (date TBD): Winning prizes will be assigned to all finalists and scholarship donations will be distributed to participating schools, completing the competition.
2014 DATC COMPETITION GUIDELINES.pdf
Thinking about participating? Let us know on Facebook!
Be sure to like us as well, you'll be put in a drawing to win last year's winning throw!